A super healthy and delicious meal perfect to make with a friend. Enjoy.
1 1/2 Cups Chickpea Flour
1 1/8 Cups Coconut Milk
3 Whole Eggs
Baby Spinach, Washed
Roasted Red Pepper Strips
2 Tbsp, plus more Avocado Oil
Beets, Peeled And Cut Into Chunks
Granulated Sugar, to taste
1/2 can Chickpeas, Drained, Aquafaba Reserved
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Grated
Fresh Basil Leaves, Washed
Smoked Sea Salt, to taste
Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Salt, to taste
Ground Ginger, to taste
Ground Cardamom, to taste
Ground Coriander, to taste
Feta Cheese, Crumbled
For the original tortillas:
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, and add the baby spinach. Stir continuously for a few seconds with a slotted spoon or “spider” until the baby spinach becomes brighter in color.
2. Remove the baby spinach with whatever you are using to stir it, and immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Plunge it in deep to really let the water get into it, and stir to make sure it is are cool enough to handle before you remove it.
3. Dry the baby spinach on a paper towel.
4. In a blender, pulse together chickpea flour, coconut milk, eggs, blanched baby spinach, roasted red pepper strips, and 2 Tbsp of avocado oil until smooth, and refrigerate for 20 minutes to rest.
5. Remove from refrigerator, oil a pan with some avocado oil, and pour some of the crepe batter into it, tilting it to evenly coat it. Cook until the bottom side is set, and flip to cook the other side. Repeat with the rest of the batter, and let cool.
For the sweet, sour, and sticky balsamic-tomato-glazed roasted beet yogurt:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan, combine balsamic vinegar, tomato paste, granulated sugar, reserved aquafaba, grated garlic, orange zest, star anise, and fresh basil leaves until thick and sticky, and strain.
3. Spread beets out onto a baking sheet, and brush on glaze.
4. Bake until tender.
5. Remove from oven, and place in the food processor with fig jam, tamarind paste, smoked sea salt, and ground black pepper. Grind together until smooth, stir into Greek yogurt, and set aside.
For the chickpeas:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 on broil on convection.
2. Spread chickpeas out onto a baking sheet, drizzle with some more avocado oil, and season with salt, ground black pepper, ground ginger, ground cardamom, and ground coriander.
3. Bake until the chickpeas are golden and crispy on the outside but still soft on the inside.
4. Remove from oven, and let cool.
For the finished tortillas:
1. Place a tortilla on a plate, and spread on some of the sweet, sour, and sticky balsamic-tomato-glazed roasted beet yogurt. Garnish with oven-roasted chickpeas, feta cheese, and beet greens, and enjoy.
Yields: about 16 healthy spinach tortillas with sweet, sour, and sticky balsamic-tomato-glazed roasted beet yogurt and oven-roasted chickpeas