A quick and easy colorful lunch full of Asian flavors. Enjoy.
1/4 head Green Cabbage, Washed, Cored, And Thinly Sliced
1/4 head Red Cabbage, Washed, Cored, And Thinly Sliced
1/2 Cup Baby Carrots, Washed, Peeled, And Julienned
1/2 Cup Kale, Washed And Chopped, With Leaves Torn
Sweet Peppers, Washed, Seeded, And Sliced
Stringless Sugar Snap Peas, Washed
1 package Soba Stir-Fry Noodles
Soy Sauce, to taste
Sesame Oil, to taste
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Grated
Rice Vinegar, to taste
Packed Dark Brown Sugar, to taste
Sweet Chili Sauce
Ground Ginger, to taste
2 Scallions, Washed And Thinly Sliced
1 can Water Chestnuts, Drained And Chopped
For the noodles:
1. Cook noodles according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
For the blanched sugar snap peas:
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, and add the sugar snap peas. Stir continuously for a few seconds with a slotted spoon or “spider” until the sugar snap peas become brighter in color.
2. Remove the sugar snap peas with whatever you are using to stir them, and immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Plunge everything in deep to really let the water get into it, and stir to make sure they are cool enough to handle before you remove them.
3. Dry the sugar snap peas on a paper towel, chop them up, and set aside.
For the original salad:
1. In a medium bowl, combine green cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, kale, peppers, blanched sugar snap peas, and cooked soba noodles.
For the dipping sauce:
1. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, grated garlic, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sweet chili sauce, ground ginger, and sesame seeds.
For the finished salad:
1. Pour over salad, toss to coat, and sprinkle on thinly sliced scallions and chopped water chestnuts. Pile some into a bowl, and enjoy.
Yields: 10 servings