A balanced light seafood salad with a beautiful Italian vinaigrette to keep with the dish’s cuisine. Enjoy.
2/3 Ib Calamari, Washed And Sliced Into Rings
2/3 Ib Baby Octopus, Washed And Cut Into Bite Sized Pieces
All Purpose Flour
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Dried Oregano, to taste
Dried Parsley Flakes, to taste
Baby Spinach, Washed
a few spoonfuls Diced Tomatoes With The Juice, Drained
1 Tbsp Capers, Chopped
Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp Honey
1/2 Shallot, Peeled And Thinly Sliced
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Minced
Dried Basil, to taste
1. On a plate, combine flour, salt and pepper, dried oregano, and dried parsley flakes, and stir.
2. Dredge calamari and baby octopus in the flour mixture, and let the excess drip off.
3. Heat oil in a pan, and pan-fry the calamari and baby octopus until golden brown, making sure the inside is cooked through. Drain on a paper towel, and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine spinach, arugula, diced tomatoes, and capers, and add the calamari and baby octopus.
5. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, honey, thinly sliced shallot, minced garlic, and dried basil.
6. Pour over salad, and toss to coat. Pile some into a bowl, and enjoy.
Yields: 2 servings