A balanced light seafood salad with a beautiful Italian vinaigrette to keep with the dish’s cuisine. Enjoy.
2/3 Ib Calamari, Washed And Sliced Into Rings
2/3 Ib Baby Octopus, Washed And Cut Into Bite-Size Pieces
All Purpose Flour
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Dried Oregano, to taste
Dried Parsley Flakes, to taste
Baby Spinach, Washed
a few spoonfuls Diced Tomatoes With The Juice, Drained
1 Tbsp Capers, Chopped
Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp Honey
1/2 Shallot, Peeled And Thinly Sliced
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Grated
Dried Basil, to taste
For the original salad:
1. On a plate, combine flour, salt and pepper, dried oregano, and dried parsley flakes.
2. Dredge calamari and baby octopus in the flour mixture, and let the excess drip off.
3. Heat oil in a pan, and pan-fry the calamari and baby octopus until golden brown, making sure the insides are cooked through. Drain on a paper towel, and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, combine spinach, arugula, diced tomatoes, and capers, and add the calamari and baby octopus.
For the lemon-basil vinaigrette:
1. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, honey, thinly sliced shallot, grated garlic, and dried basil.
For the finished salad:
1. Pour dressing over salad, and toss to coat. Pile some into a bowl, and enjoy.
Yields: 2 servings