A beautiful, delicious salad that’s perfect for a holiday or just a quick lunch. Enjoy.
1 Russet Potato, Peeled And Washed
2 Scallions, Washed And Thinly Sliced
2 Tbsp Capers With The Brine, Chopped
Fresh Chives, Washed And Chopped
2 Tbsp Honey
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Orange Juice
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1/2 Shallot, Peeled And Diced
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Grated
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 Orange Wedge
For the original potato salad:
1. Poke holes in the potato with a fork, and microwave for 6 minutes.
2. Remove from microwave, and let cool. Halve lengthwise, and peel. If not, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, peel before you poke the holes, and bake for 45 minutes.
3. Remove from oven, and let cool. Place in a bowl with thinly sliced scallions, capers, and chopped fresh chives, and set aside.
For the citrus-Dijon vinaigrette:
1. In a Mason jar, combine olive oil, honey, lemon juice, orange juice, Dijon mustard, diced shallot, grated garlic, and salt and pepper, and shake well.
For the finished potato salad:
1. Pour dressing over salad, and toss to coat. Garnish with an orange wedge, and enjoy.
Yields: 1 serving