Delicious and elegant-looking finger food that’s so easy to make. Enjoy.
1 Cup, plus more All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp, plus more Salt
Almonds, Roasted And Salted
1 1/4 Sticks Cold Butter or Margarine, Cut Into Cubes
1/2 Cup Ice Water
1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese, Softened
Parmesan Cheese, Grated
Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Grated
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Italian Seasoning, to taste
For the original crackers:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a food processor, pulse together butter, 1 cup of flour, 1/2 tsp of salt, and almonds until course crumbs form.
3. Slowly pulse in ice water a tablespoon at a time until the mixture comes together to form a dough, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill the dough for about 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
4. Remove from refrigerator, and unwrap. Press down, and flatten out the dough on a clean work surface that has been sprinkled with some flour to prevent it from sticking. Roll it out into a rectangle, and use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into squares.
5. Use a toothpick to poke a hole in the center of each cracker, and transfer them onto a baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10-17 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, let cool, and set aside.
For the lemon and herb three-cheese spread:
1. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, grated sharp cheddar cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, some salt, ground black pepper, and Italian seasoning.
For the finished crackers:
1. Dollop the lemon and herb three-cheese onto each cracker, spread it on, and enjoy.
Yields: about 2 dozen crackers