Ooey gooey scones with added Reese’s peanut butter cups that are made to resemble s’mores using mini marshmallows in the filling, homemade double chocolate ganache, and crushed graham crackers sprinkled on top that can function as a dessert or an unhealthy breakfast. Enjoy.
2 Cups, plus more All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
3 1/4 Sticks Cold Butter or Margarine, Divided Use
1 Whole Egg
1 1/4 Cups Whole Milk or Half And Half or Heavy Cream, Divided Use
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Chopped
Olive Oil Cooking Spray
1/2 Cup Semisweet or Dark or Milk Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
1/4 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/4 Cup Dark Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Graham Crackers, Crushed
For the original scones:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine 3 sticks of butter cut into cubes, 2 cups of flour, granulated sugar, salt, and baking powder with a pastry cutter until coarse crumbs form.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, 3/4 cup of whole milk, and vanilla. Slowly stir into the dry mixture, and fold in Reese’s peanut butter cups and mini marshmallows.
4. Sprinkle some flour on a piece of parchment or wax paper, roll out the dough until it becomes a large circle or rectangle, and cut it into triangles, making sure to leave the dough intact.
5. Bake until puffy and golden brown.
6. Remove from oven, and let cool. Cut along the lines that you created when cutting the triangles before you baked the dough, and use a spatula to take the scones off the parchment. Put them on a plate, and set aside.
For the double chocolate ganache:
1. In a saucepan, heat remaining while milk, sweetened condensed milk, and remaining butter, and stir in cocoa powder. Once dissolved, pour over the chocolate. Once melted, turn off the heat.
For the finished scones:
1. Drizzle cooled scones with ganache, sprinkle on crushed graham crackers, and enjoy.
Yields: 8-16 peanut butter s’more scones with double chocolate ganache