Philly cheesesteaks Syo-style. Enjoy.
3 English Muffins, Sliced In Half Lengthwise
1 Bone-In Rib-Eye Steak
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1/2 Shallot, Peeled And Diced
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Minced
1 Red Sweet Pepper, Washed, Seeded, And Diced
2 Tbsp Butter or Margarine, Softened
1 Cup Whole Milk or Half And Half or Heavy Cream
1 1/2 Tbsp Cream Cheese, Softened
2 slices American Cheese
3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
3/4 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Grated
Cornstarch, As Needed
Seasoned Salt, to taste
For the four-cheese sauce:
1. In a saucepan, combine butter and whole milk, and let the butter melt.
2. Add the cream cheese, and slowly stir with a wooden spoon.
3. Break up the American cheese, add it in, and let melt slightly.
4. Add grated Parmesan cheese and grated sharp cheddar cheese, and continue stirring. Sprinkle in seasonings, and stir to combine. Add cornstarch if necessary to thicken the mixture.
5. Turn off the heat.
For the finished cheesesteak:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Generously season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper, and sear it on both sides in a cast iron skillet. Finish it off in the oven, making sure the inside cooks.
3. Remove from oven, and let rest. Remove the bone, and discard it. Cut the steak, and set aside.
4. Heat oil in the same skillet you cooked the steak in, and add garlic. Sauté until slightly browned, add shallot and peppers, and let caramelize, stirring occasionally.
5. Toast the English muffin slices in the toaster.
6. Assemble the sandwiches. Layer the steak over half of the English muffin slices along with the caramelized garlic, shallot, and peppers, and spoon on four-cheese sauce. Close the sandwiches with the other slices, cut them in half if desired, and enjoy.
Yields: 3 Syo cheesesteaks