A nice healthy snack ready to be devoured. Enjoy.
Cashews, Salted And Finely Chopped
Macadamia Nuts, Salted And Finely Chopped
Pistachios, Shelled, Salted, And Finely Chopped
Sunflower Seeds, Salted
Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds), Shelled And Salted
Ground Cinnamon, to taste
Ground Nutmeg, to taste
2 Tbsp Butter or Margarine, Softened
3 Tbsp Honey
1/4 Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Melt some coconut oil.
3. In a medium bowl, combine oats, sweetened coconut, pepitas, and melted coconut oil.
4. Pour onto a baking sheet, shake into a single layer, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, and pour into a bowl.
6. Stir nuts, sunflower seeds, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg into the toasted oat, coconut, and pepita mixture, and set aside.
7. In a small saucepan, melt butter, add some more coconut oil, honey, molasses, brown sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla, and stir occasionally over medium heat until the mixture starts to bubble.
8. Turn off the heat, let the mixture cool slightly, and pour it over the granola mixture, tossing everything together as you go.
9. Press into a well greased baking tin, and bake for 10-20 minutes. The granola should be golden brown.
10. Remove from oven, and let cool. Pour into container, and refrigerate until further use. If not, grab a handful, and enjoy.
Yields: about 6 servings