A crunchy, messy dinner full of meat, beans, and puréed vegetables. Enjoy.
1 Crunchy Hard Taco Shell
1 Cup Refrigerated Grilled Chicken, Cut Into Bite Sized Pieces
1 slice Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 can Pinto Beans, Drained And Washed
1/2 Onion, Peeled And Thinly Sliced
4 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Smashed, Divided Use
1 tsp Lemon Juice or White Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Italian Seasoning, to taste
1/2 Cup Yellow Sweet Corn, Washed And Sliced
1/4 Red Onion, Peeled And Thinly Sliced
1 Red Sweet Pepper, Washed, Seeded, And Sliced
a few spoonfuls Diced Tomatoes With The Juice
Granulated Sugar, to taste
Fresh Cilantro Leaves, Washed
1. In a food processor, grind together pinto beans, thinly sliced onion, 2 cloves of smashed garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning, and with the machine running, slowly stream in olive oil until it becomes a smooth sauce.
2. Spread the pinto bean dip on the bottom of the taco shell, and warm in the microwave for 10 seconds.
3. Remove from microwave, sprinkle on chicken. Break up cheese, put it on top, and put in the microwave again to let it melt.
4. Remove from microwave, and set aside.
5. In a food processor, pulse corn, thinly sliced red onion, remaining smashed garlic, pepper, diced tomatoes, lime juice, granulated sugar, salt and pepper, and fresh cilantro leaves until it has reached your desired consistency.
6. Spread on corn salsa, and enjoy.
Yields: 1 chicken taco with corn salsa