A classic chips and dip combo with pinto bean dip. Enjoy.
1 Whole Wheat Tortilla
1 can Pinto Beans, Drained
1/2 Onion, Peeled And Thinly Sliced
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Smashed
1 tsp Lemon Juice or White Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Italian Seasoning, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F on convection.
2. Cut tortilla into sixteenths, and slice each into four triangles.
3. Drizzle on olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Lay in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake until golden brown.
4. Remove from oven, and set aside.
5. In a food processor, grind together pinto beans, thinly sliced onion, smashed garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning, and with the machine running, slowly stream in olive oil until it becomes a smooth sauce.
6. Serve tortilla chips with pinto bean dip, and enjoy.
Yields: 64 baked tortilla chips with pinto bean dip