Yummy edible cookie dough decorated to perfection that everyone will love. Enjoy.
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2/3 Cup, plus 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar, Divided Use
1/4 tsp, plus a pinch Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/3 Cup Dark Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 1/2 Sticks Butter or Margarine, Softened, Divided Use
1/2 Cup Applesauce
1 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract, Divided Use
1/2 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
2 Tbsp Honey
1/2 Cup Whole Milk or Half And Half or Heavy Cream, Divided Use
1/2 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk, Divided Use
Oreo Cookies, Crushed
Chips Ahoy, Crushed
For the original bites:
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together 2 sticks of butter, 2/3 cup of granulated sugar, and 3/4 cup of brown sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add applesauce and 1 tsp of vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1/4 tsp of salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
4. Pour in dry ingredients a little bit at a time, let the mixer go until everything is incorporated, and fold in chocolate chips.
5. Scoop onto two well greased baking sheets, and chill for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
For the caramel:
1. In a saucepan, melt 1/4 stick of butter, add honey, and cook remaining brown sugar on medium-low heat for five minutes. It should become dark amber in color.
2. Slowly stir in 1/4 cup of whole milk, 1/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk, and remaining salt. Add remaining vanilla, and whisk until it thickens further. Turn off the heat, and pour into a bowl.
For the fudge:
1. In a small pot, add remaining granulated sugar, remaining cocoa powder, remaining whole milk, remaining sweetened condensed milk, and remaining butter over medium heat, and whisk until the butter has melted, and the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Turn off the heat, and pour into a bowl.
For the finished bites:
1. Remove from refrigerator, and dip one side of the balls into whichever of the two sweet dips you want. Dip into your choice of toppings, let set, and enjoy.
Yields: about 18 decorated e-dough-ble chocolate chip cookie bites