A healthy salad is with great protein, but an unhealthy bacon dressing. Enjoy.
1 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
Onion Powder, to taste
Garlic Powder, to taste
1 Russet Potato, Washed, Peeled, And Cut Into Cubes
1 package Bacon, Diced
White Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Minced
Ground Ginger, to taste
For the bacon:
1. Oil a pan, cook the bacon over low heat until it is nice and crisp, and drain on a paper towel.
For the original salad:
1. Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil.
2. Add potato, bring back to a boil, and cook until fork tender. Drain, and set aside.
3. Season chicken with onion powder and garlic powder, and sauté in an oiled pan until fully cooked. Turn off the heat, remove from pan, and dice. Put back in pan, stir in potato and bacon, pour into a large bowl, leaving as much of the bacon grease in the pan as possible, and set aside.
For the bacon vinaigrette:
1. Deglaze the pan with bacon grease with white balsamic vinegar, and stir in olive oil, honey, tomato paste, minced garlic, and ground ginger, and stir in hot water to thin it out.
For the finished salad:
1. Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss to get everything incorporated. Grab a spoon, and enjoy.
Yields: 1 serving