Delicious mini pizzas consisting of all the good things in life: pesto, chicken, and, of course, it wouldn’t be complete without bacon. Enjoy.
1 English Muffin, Split
Fresh Basil Leaves, Washed
Baby Spinach, Washed (optional)
Toasted Sesame Seeds
1/2 Shallot, Peeled And Diced
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Smashed
Parmesan Cheese, Grated
White Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1/2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, Cut Into Cubes
Onion Powder, to taste
Garlic Powder, to taste
Bacon, Cut Into Pieces
Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Grated
For the pesto:
1. In a food processor, grind together fresh basil leaves, baby spinach (if using), toasted sesame seeds, thinly sliced shallot, smashed garlic, grated Parmesan cheese, tomato paste, white balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper, and with the machine running, slowly stream in olive oil until it becomes a smooth sauce.
For the bacon:
1. Oil a pan, cook the bacon over low heat until it is nice and crisp, and drain on a paper towel.
For the chicken:
1. In the same pan you cooked the bacon in, stir the chicken around in the bacon grease to cook it, and season with onion powder and garlic powder, adding hot water to deglaze the pan.
For the pizza:
1. Spread pesto on muffin slices, and sprinkle chicken, bacon, and grated sharp cheddar cheese on top.
2. Cook in toaster on tinfoil until grated sharp cheddar cheese melts.
3. Remove from toaster, let cool, and enjoy.
Yields: 2 pizzas