A great lunch with some of the most amazing ingredients. Enjoy.
1 Whole Wheat Tortilla
1 piece Refrigerated Grilled Chicken, Shredded
Bacon, Cut Into Pieces
1/4 Onion, Peeled And Finely Chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Smashed
1/2 Cup Mushrooms, Washed And Finely Chopped
5 Sweet Pepper, Washed, Seeded, And Diced
Garlic Powder, to taste
Adobo, to taste
Fresh Basil Leaves, Washed
Baby Spinach, Washed (optional)
Toasted Sesame Seeds
1/2 Shallot, Peeled And Thinly Sliced
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Minced
Parmesan Cheese, Grated
White Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Fresh Parsley Leaves, Chopped
For the pesto:
1. In a food processor, grind together fresh basil leaves, baby spinach (if using), toasted sesame seeds, thinly sliced shallot, smashed garlic, grated Parmesan cheese, tomato paste, white balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper, and with the machine running, slowly stream in olive oil until it becomes a smooth sauce.
For the bacon:
1. Oil a pan, cook the bacon over low heat until it is nice and crisp, and drain on a paper towel.
For the chicken:
1. In the same pan you cooked the bacon in, stir the chicken around in the bacon grease to heat it up.
For the vegetables:
1. Oil the same pan again, and add garlic. Sauté until slightly browned, add onion, and let cook. Add vegetables, season with garlic powder and adobo, and sauté until fully cooked.
For the wrap:
1. Microwave the tortilla for 10 seconds to warm it up.
2. Assemble your wrap. Spread some of the pesto all around the tortilla, and spoon the shredded chicken and vegetables around the tortilla. Sprinkle the bacon on top, and roll it up, making sure it is secure. Cut the tortilla in half if desired, garnish with chopped fresh parsley leaves, and serve immediately. If not, store inside aluminum foil, and refrigerate until further use. Enjoy.
Yields: 1 large wrap or 2 small wraps