A great Italian meal consisting of basil pesto, pasta, and the pleasure of eating it. Enjoy.
1/2 box Elbow Macaroni
Fresh Basil Leaves, Washed
Baby Spinach, Washed (optional)
1/2 Shallot, Peeled And Thinly Sliced
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Smashed
Parmesan Cheese, Grated
Salt and Pepper, to taste
White Balsamic Vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Oil a baking sheet, spread sesame seeds on it, and toast for about 4 minutes.
3. Remove from oven, and set aside.
4. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and divide between two serving bowls.
5. In a food processor, grind together fresh basil leaves, baby spinach (if using), toasted sesame seeds, thinly sliced shallot, smashed garlic, grated Parmesan cheese, tomato paste, white balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper, and with the machine running, slowly stream in olive oil until it becomes a smooth sauce.
6. Stir half into each bowl of pasta, and enjoy.
Yields: 2 servings