A 5 step lunch consisting of rib-eye steak and a flavorful homemade marinade. Enjoy.
1 Bone-In Rib-Eye Steak
Olive Oil Cooking Spray
Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce, to taste
Worcestershire Sauce, to taste
White Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp Granulated Sugar
Garlic Salt, to taste
Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Fresh Ginger Root, Peeled And Minced, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the steak in a large plastic bag, making sure to reserve the juice, if any, for later.
3. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, some of the steak juice, if any, white balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, granulated sugar, garlic salt, ground black pepper, freshly minced ginger, and sesame seeds, and pour it into the bag with the steak.
4. Move the steak around inside the bag to coat it in the marinade, and let it sit for 5 minutes to absorb some of it.
5. Generously season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper, and sear it on both sides in a buttered cast iron skillet, basting it with the butter as it cooks. Finish it off in the oven, making sure the inside cooks.
6. Remove from oven, and let rest. Remove the bone, and discard it. Cut into the steak, and set aside.
7. In the same skillet you cooked the steak in, add the leftover marinade, and reduce it down into a pan-sauce.
8. Spoon it over the steak, and enjoy.
Yields: 1 sweet and salty marinated rib-eye steak