A 5 step lunch consisting of rib-eye steak and a flavorful homemade marinade. Enjoy.
1 Bone-In Rib-Eye Steak
Olive Oil Cooking Spray
Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce, to taste
Worcestershire Sauce, to taste
White Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp Granulated Sugar
Garlic Salt, to taste
Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Fresh Ginger Root, Peeled And Minced, to taste
1. Place the steak in a large plastic bag, making sure to reserve the juice, if any, for later.
2. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, some of the steak juice, if any, white balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, granulated sugar, garlic salt, ground black pepper, freshly minced ginger, and sesame seeds, and pour it into the bag with the steak.
3. Move the steak around inside the bag to coat it in the marinade, and let it sit for 5 minutes to absorb some of it.
4. Heat oil in a a cast iron skillet over medium heat, and throw in the steak. Pour over the left over marinade, and cook until the inside is cooked through.
5. Remove from skillet, let rest, and spoon over some of the marinade/pan-sauce. Remove the bone, and discard it. Cut into the steak, and enjoy.
Yields: 1 sweet and salty marinated rib-eye steak