A delicious Italian classic that’s a great alternative to lasagna and uses bow tie pasta instead of the traditional ziti. Enjoy.
Bow Tie Pasta
Ricotta or Cottage Cheese, Softened
1 Whole Egg
Parmesan Cheese, Grated
Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Grated
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Onion Powder, to taste
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Minced
Fresh Parsley Leaves, Washed And Chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, grated Parmesan cheese, grated sharp cheddar cheese, salt and pepper, onion powder, minced garlic, and chopped fresh parsley leaves.
4. In another bowl, combine some marinara sauce, all of the bow tie pasta, and all of the cheese mixture.
5. Spread into a small, well greased tin, and top with some more marinara sauce, grated Parmesan cheese, and grated sharp cheddar cheese.
6. Cover the tin with tinfoil, and bake until bubbly and golden brown, and the grated cheeses have melted.
7. Remove from oven, garnish with chopped fresh parsley leaves, and enjoy.
Yields: 3 servings