A great, colorful side dish that pairs rice with vegetables and is topped with fresh herbs and a delicious sauce. Enjoy.
3/4 Cup Brown Rice, Cooked And Drained
1/4 Onion, Peeled And Finely Chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Minced
1 Cup Broccoli, Washed And Chopped
1/4 Cup Cauliflower, Washed And Chopped
3 slices Zucchini, Washed And Finely Chopped
1 Cup Mushrooms, Washed And Finely Chopped
1 Red Sweet Pepper, Washed, Seeded, And Diced
1 Scallion, Washed And Thinly Sliced
Soy Sauce, to taste
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Ground Ginger, to taste
Fresh Parsley Leaves, Washed And Chopped
Fresh Cilantro Leaves, Washed And Chopped
1. Heat oil in a pan, and add garlic and onion. Sauté until slightly browned and cook.
2. Add broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, mushrooms, and bell pepper, and stir until vegetables are soft.
3. Add the rice and sesame seeds, and sauté until the rice is almost cooked and coated with vegetables.
4. Add the chicken broth, soy sauce. Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and ginger, and sauté until the rice begins to brown.
5. Add the scallions, and stir until incorporated.
6. Remove from pan, and garnish with chopped fresh parsley leaves and chopped fresh cilantro leaves. Drizzle some more sauce over the top if desired, and enjoy.
Yields: 1 serving