My delicious chocolate cookies covered in candy toppings that highlight Halloween. Enjoy.
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/3 Cups Granulated Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 Cup Dark Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
3 Sticks Butter or Margarine, Softened, Divided Use
2 Whole Eggs
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract, Divided Use
1 Cup Confectioners’ Sugar
1/2 Cup White Chocolate; Melted
Black Food Coloring
Orange Food Coloring
Oreo Cookies With Orange Cream, Crushed
For the original cookies:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, salt, baking soda, cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together 2 sticks of butter, eggs, and 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry, and mix thoroughly.
5. Scoop onto two well greased baking sheets, and bake for 7-9 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, and let cool.
For the vanilla-white chocolate American buttercream frosting:
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together remaining butter and Confectioners’ sugar on low speed until everything is thoroughly combined. Add remaining vanilla extract, slowly pour in melted white chocolate one spoonful at a time, and let the mixer go until everything is incorporated.
For the finished cookies:
1. In a small bowl, combine vanilla-white chocolate American buttercream frosting and black food coloring, and repeat with frosting and orange food coloring in another bowl. Once the cookies have cooled, spread the different colored frostings on them, and sprinkle on toppings in any way you would like. Grab a cookie, and enjoy.
Yields: about 2 dozen cookies