A delicious combination of brown sugar oatmeal cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, and cookie cake. Enjoy.
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 Cups Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 Stick Butter or Margarine, Softened
2 Whole Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 1/4 Cups Rolled Oats
1/4 Cup Raisins
1/3 Cup Pecans, Toasted and Crushed (optional)
1 Tbsp Confectioners’ Sugar
1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
4. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
5. Pour in dry ingredients a little bit at a time, let the mixer go until everything is incorporated, and fold in oats.
6. Divide the dough in half, and mix raisins into one half and pecans (if using) into the other. If not, mix in the raisins when you add the oats, and do not divide the dough in half.
7. Press both halves (or the entire thing depending on how you make it) into a baking tin, in a small bowl, combine Confectioners’ sugar and ground cinnamon, and sprinkle over the dough.
8. Bake for 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy.
Yields: 1 brown sugar oatmeal raisin cookie cake