A delicious variation of brown sugar oatmeal cookies and oatmeal raisin cookies. Enjoy.
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 Cups Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2 Whole Eggs
1 Stick Butter or Margarine, Softened
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Confectioners Sugar
1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
2 1/4 Cups Rolled Oats
1/4 Cup Raisins
1/3 Cup Pecans, Toasted and Crushed (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, combine Confectioners sugar and ground cinnamon with a fork. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda.
4. In a separate bowl, beat brown sugar and butter. Add in eggs and vanilla, and continue beating until creamy.
5. Mix dry ingredients into brown sugar and butter mixture, and fold in oats.
6. Divide the dough in half, and mix raisins into one half and pecans (if using) into the other. If not, mix in the raisins when you add the oats, and do not divide the dough in half.
7. Press both halves (or the entire thing depending on how you make it) into a baking tin, and sprinkle on topping.
8. Bake for 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy.
Yields: 1 brown sugar-oatmeal raisin cookie cake