A delicious variation of pizza that can function as both a dinner and breakfast. Enjoy.
1 English Muffin, Split
1 can Crushed Tomatoes With The Juice
1 can Tomato Paste
2 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp Granulated Sugar
1/4 Onion, Peeled And Finely Chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Minced
1/4 Cup Chicken Broth
1/4 tsp Garlic Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Thyme
1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp Dried Basil
1 Bay Leaf
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
For the sauce:
1. In a saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
2. When oil becomes hot, add garlic. Sauté until slightly browned, add onion, and let cook. Add chicken broth, and stir.
3. Add garlic salt, herbs, and bay leaf, and continue until garlic browns.
4. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and sugar, and stir well. Add garlic salt, herbs, and bay leaf, and stir to incorporate. Lower heat, cover, and let the sauce sit for about an hour. If not using immediately, uncover, store in a container, and refrigerate until further use.
For the pizza:
1. Spread sauce on muffin slices, and sprinkle grated cheese on top.
2. Cook in toaster on tinfoil until grated cheese melts.
3. Remove from toaster, let cool, and enjoy.
Yields: 2 pizzas