A delicious dessert swirled with fudge and topped with butterscotch and Confectioners’ sugar. Enjoy.
6 Tbsp Semisweet Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Milk Chocolate or Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Granulated Sugar, Divided Use
1/4 tsp, plus a pinch Salt
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 Cup Dark Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, Divided Use
2 1/2 Sticks Butter or Margarine, Softened, Divided Use
3 Whole Eggs, Beaten
3/4 Cup Whole Milk or Half And Half or Heavy Cream, Divided Use
1/2 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk, Divided Use
1/4 Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Honey
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
For the original brownies:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Set up a double boiler to melt the semisweet chocolate and butter. On the bottom, place a pot filled with water over the stove. On the top, place a small bowl filled with the semisweet chocolate and 2 sticks of butter.
3. Once the chocolate and butter have melted, remove from the double boiler, stir in 1/4 cup of whole milk and 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
4. Pour some of the hot melted chocolate into the egg mixture to temper them, and add the chocolate-egg mixture to the rest of the hot chocolate mixture so that the eggs do not scramble, stirring the mixture until everything is incorporated.
5. Add flour, 1/4 tsp of salt, baking powder, and 3/4 cup of cocoa powder, and fold in milk chocolate.
6. In a pot, add remaining granulated sugar, remaining cocoa powder, 1/4 cup of whole milk, 1/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk, and 1/4 stick of butter over medium heat, and whisk until the butter has melted, and the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
7. Pour into a well greased baking pan, bang it before putting it in the oven to release the air bubbles, and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and pour over fudge. Swirl it into the batter, and bake for 17-20 more minutes.
8. Remove from oven, and let cool.
For the butterscotch:
1. In a saucepan, melt remaining butter, add honey, and cook brown sugar on medium-low heat for five minutes.
2. Slowly stir in remaining whole milk, remaining sweetened condensed milk, and remaining salt, add vanilla, and whisk until it thickens further.
3. Turn off the heat, and let cool.
For the finished brownies:
1. Top cooled brownies with butterscotch, and sift Confectioners’ sugar over them. Cut, and enjoy.
Yields: about 20 brownies