An Italian layered pasta dish with a vegetable surprise. Enjoy.
1 Zucchini, Washed And Chopped
1/2 Onion, Peeled And Diced
2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And Minced
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Ground Thyme, to taste
Dried Oregano, to taste
Dried Basil, to taste
1/2 container Ricotta Cheese, Softened
1/2 container Cottage Cheese, Softened
1 Whole Egg
Parmesan Cheese, Grated
Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Grated
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Oil a pan, and add garlic. Sauté until slightly browned, add onion, and let cook. Add zucchini, herbs, and salt and pepper, and sauté until slightly cooked. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, cream together ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, and egg. Mix zucchini mixture into it.
4. In a small bowl, combine grated Parmesan cheese and grated sharp cheddar cheese.
5. Assemble the lasagna. Spread some sauce on the bottom of a dish, and top with lasagna noodles and 1/3 of your cheese and egg mixture. Repeat three more times. Spread the rest of the sauce on top, and sprinkle with the rest of the grated cheeses.
6. Bake until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven, and let cool. Cut, and enjoy.
Yields: 6 servings