A quick and easy alternative to brownies with optional nuts. Enjoy.
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 Cup Dark Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 Sticks Butter or Margarine, Softened
2 Whole Eggs
1/2 Cup Milk
2/3 Cup Olive Oil
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Confectioners’ Sugar
1/2 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
Oreo Cookies, Crushed
Nuts Of Your Choice, Crushed (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and cocoa powder.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together butter, eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla.
4. Mix dry ingredients into wet.
5. Split cinnamon square batter in half, and push one half into a square baking pan.
6. Layer cinnamon square with chocolate chips, crushed Oreo cookies, and crushed nuts (if using), or do this on top of the other pan so that the toppings are in the middle of the two halves and on top of the second half.
7. Press the other half into another square pan, and layer with toppings once again.
8. Bake for 22-25 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, and sift Confectioners’ sugar over them. Cut into squares, and enjoy.
Yields: 2 dozen cinnamon squares