A quick and easy classic with a little twist. Enjoy.
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
3/4 Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/3 Cup Dark Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 Sticks Butter or Margarine, Softened
2 Whole Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Semisweet or Dark or Milk Chocolate Chips
1 Tbsp Confectioners’ Sugar
1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
4. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
5. Pour in dry ingredients a little bit at a time, let the mixer go until everything is incorporated, and fold in chocolate chips.
6. Scoop onto two well greased baking sheets, in a small bowl, combine Confectioners’ sugar and ground cinnamon, and sprinkle over the cookies.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, and enjoy.
Yields: 2 dozen cookies