A quick and easy classic with a little twist for a garnish. Enjoy.
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
3/4 Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/3 Cup Dark Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 Sticks Butter or Margarine, Melted
2 Whole Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Confectioners Sugar
1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Semisweet or Dark or Milk Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, combine Confectioners sugar and ground cinnamon. Set aside for topping.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
5. Pour dry ingredients into wet a little bit at a time, and mix thoroughly. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Scoop onto two well greased baking sheets, and sprinkle on topping.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
8. Remove from oven, and enjoy.
Yields: 2 dozen cookies